Who we are
Our website address is: https://gigawave.co.za.
When visitors leave interact on the site we collect the data shown in all forms, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you interact on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you transact. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We only share your data that you provide to us with law enforcement where legally required to do so. In the event that Gigawave has a commercial arrangement with another company, your data may be shared with them, such as a company where we have partnered to offer you discounts via their sales channels rather than directly with Gigawave.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor interactions may be checked, recorded and logged through an automated spam detection service and external security service.
- We take your right to privacy seriously and shall, save as provided in this agreement or when required by law, not provide a third party with information that infringes on your privacy without your consent.
- Gigawave may store personal identifying and other information about you on cloud services administered by third parties. Such information shall be for the exclusive use of Gigawave.
- We will report any information that comes to our knowledge of a breach of your privacy as soon as possible unless we are prohibited by doing so by law.
- Gigawave may send you promotional material relating to Gigawave unless you have provided an indication that you wish to opt out of receiving such material. You indemnify Gigawave against any claims arising from sending of promotional material by Gigawave made in error.
- In taking your right to privacy seriously whilst still satisfying legal obligations, Gigawave (or any of its affiliates) may have to employ the services of legal professionals and you agree that in the event that Gigawave is required as a matter of urgency to incur costs in order to protect your privacy, to settle reasonably incurred costs on your behalf.